Race Report for the World Cup Series 10-12 June 2022
The race in a nutshell
- Finja Lipp confirms the performance of the previous week and finishes in the top 10 again.
- In the XCC all four elite athletes finish in the TOP25.
- Caroline Bohé makes the podium and finishes sixth in XCO and third in XCO
- Anne Terpstra was again on the XCC podium with 2nd place and crowned her performance with 5th place in the Cross Country race
- Nicole Koller finishes 24th and Nadine Rieder closes the race in 30th place.
World Cup 2022 in Saalfelden Leogang, Austria
The cross country course in Leogang has been redefined in 2020 to offer spectators more excitement and better views of the riders.
The double World Cup offers action in cross country, short track and downhill races.
You can find the courses at the Großer Asitz here.
Highlights from the race weekend
Our girls from the Ghost Factory Racing Team were able to extend their overall lead in the team rankings once again thanks to their great performances.
The highlight of the race weekend was certainly Anne Terpstra's second place and Caro Bohé's third place in the XCC race on Friday.
Both confirmed this performance on Sunday in the XCO race with strong fifth and sixth places.
The girls' World Cup Lector model
These are the bikes the women of our Ghost Factory Racing Team are riding.
When and where do we go on?
Now our elite girls have a longer break ahead of them. They will have a break of almost four weeks before they continue on the weekend of 8 July 2022. Then the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup will stop in Nicole Koller's home country: Lenzerheide in Switzerland.